[Complete - Full] Evening Starter RJ148565 "Completed by O_O".

Feb 11, 2010
Re: Evening Starter RJ148565

take your time and looking forward to when it is completed!!

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Jul 20, 2012

Yay. Wish you best of luck and lots of patience! :)

As for a hint, in English you don't capitalize the first letters of a words like in German. Beginnings of sentences and names of things is enough AFAIK. It's not a problem per se, but it looks a bit strange :)

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012

Yay. Wish you best of luck and lots of patience! :)

As for a hint, in English you don't capitalize the first letters of a words like in German. Beginnings of sentences and names of things is enough AFAIK. It's not a problem per se, but it looks a bit strange :)
When i look at it now, you are totally right, it looks stupid as fuck :D
and thanks!

Oct 13, 2013

Mmm... the first game you choose to translate is a really ambitious one.

I was going over the game's scripts, events and maps many, many times because I was deciding whether or not to translate this game and am totally impressed at the programming level of this game. It's really impressive to able to make a dungeon-crawler game out of RPG Maker. So it's quite difficult to search for the terms I want to find inside.

Oh well... I hope you are good at using RPG Maker. This will be a tough one. Good luck!

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012

I was going over the game's scripts, events and maps many, many times because I was deciding whether or not to translate this game and am totally impressed at the programming level of this game. It's really impressive to able to make a dungeon-crawler game out of RPG Maker. So it's quite difficult to search for the terms I want to find inside.

Oh well... I hope you are good at using RPG Maker. This will be a tough one. Good luck!
I hope that too :S

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012

One quick question, do i really need rpg maker?
because i wanted to translate it with rpgmakertrans?
will it work? or can i forget it?

Last edited:

farcefield

Jungle Girl
Oct 23, 2012

As I recall Evening Starter uses a ton of custom scripts, so yeah, just finding all the text might be a challenge depending on how well you know the RPG maker software.

For what it's worth, I'm very interested in seeing a translation of this game. I'm hardly an expert on RPG maker but I've tooled around with it enough to have an idea of what I'm doing. If you're totally unfamiliar with it I would be happy to try to provide some support.

Yun-Ah

Tentacle Monster
Feb 12, 2014

Hit me up is you need help finding text n' stuff (or just general tips). ;)

Oct 13, 2013

I dunno about RPG Maker Trans... I'm using RPG Maker. Yup, there's a lot of custom scripts and the events are kinda mixed up in a complex yet brilliant way. I think some of the h-scenes and events are similar to the ones in the previous game where it's actually connected to like 5-10 different common events for one scene.

It's do-able but it just looks pretty complex. Searching stuff might be easier if you know how to convert the files to be readable by Notepad++, hooking the text in-game, copy the text and search it with Notepad++.

Oh well. Don't worry if you couldn't do that and decided to search by looking at how the events are connected 1 by 1. That's what I did cause I couldn't get my ruby program to work for me.:mad:

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012

Okay, so i picked a bit of a pain in the ass game xD

but i bought RPG maker VX ace from steam today, now i need to figure out how this thing works, then i can try to translate this game. But i wont give up dont worry!

Greetings Candiru

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Jul 20, 2012

Okay, so i picked a bit of a pain in the ass game xD

but i bought RPG maker VX ace from steam today, now i need to figure out how this thing works, then i can try to translate this game. But i wont give up dont worry!

Greetings Candiru
Your enthusiasm should be appreciated, but maybe choosing a simpler game to translate first to get a hang of it would be recommended. ;)

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012

Just wanted to drop some information here,

Partial is done im now starting to go through all the events and dialogues!

Do you want a very rough version of the trans or would you like to wait until it is done?

Candiru

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Mar 14, 2014

Just wanted to drop some information here,

Partial is done im now starting to go through all the events and dialogues!

Do you want a very rough version of the trans or would you like to wait until it is done?

Candiru
Since we can get a very rough translation using auto translating tool, I think that the majority will prefer to wait for a full well done translation patch than a bad translation.

Although you can release some unfinished patch after some completition to show your work / get feedback.
But ultimatly, that's you choice (probably better to gave some ingo about how it's going now and then to avoid being bothered with lot of pm).

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2014

Im sorry for bringing the bad news, but i will put this on hiatus.
The events are so complicated, i just need a break from it, maybe i will return to it not sure yet.[/url]
Well, it`s a shame but I totally undrestand you. It is a REALLY complicated game.

Ps. here are the data i made so far, Warning : its very rough.
http://mega.nz/#!84tzWKyS!MBzE63F-5LZsVgv_8dIHMkWd8yrqkcVaN6dfbz30Uew
The data are gone... Link is dead...

candiru

Demon Girl Pro
Nov 16, 2012

Well, it`s a shame but I totally undrestand you. It is a REALLY complicated game.

The data are gone... Link is dead...
use the new one in the first post :)

squark

Tentacle God
Aug 23, 2012
Re: Evening Starter RJ148565 on Hold.

Yeah, Mega seems to be clamping down on translators. It's not like we're pirating the game itself, we're just trying to make it so non-japanese gamers can understand it. But try telling them that... It wouldn't go well.

But it seems like GoogleDrive is at least friendlier. Alternatively, you try to attach it here if things go really pear-shaped.
Looking forward to your completed work ^^

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Feb 24, 2013

Willing to wait it out.
Take your time.

All Translations take more actual effort than making a Thesis.

In my opinion.

yariel

Tentacle God
Jan 16, 2014

I finally can access this forum again ...
tough, lately I get in bad health ... and I think (including my family too) I caught cancer ... I seriously hope not ...

BTW ...
I update to ver 1.008 ... haven't found 1.1 ...
1. translate plenty of menu ...
2. Fix Bug from previous translation (for not being able to choice "Learn Skill"
3. Proof Reading some and editing name and description ...
4. I made a tiny bit teaser for full translation ... I'll add more if I have more time in my hand (or in my life)

also, some jerk seems making fake report to MEGA about I'm making piracy thus taking down my file ... but in my health situation I can't find or re-upload anymore ... so please if you can, save this file to other uploader in case this gone ... :eek:

also note, the fake reporting jerk is most likely bad user who get ban from ULMF thus they target this site ... better cover your mega link ...

For Mod / Admin, please make sure troublemaker get weeded early and make harsh punishment for the better result in this forum ... best regard ...

EDIT :
1. Now trying to update so MAP name appear at upper left ...
(don't you hate when you enter dungeon yet you don't know what place or floor you are ?)
2. I will try to translate fully 1st dungeon (intro) with extra character ...
(this game hiding some of dialogue and menu in script and I don't even know where it is, I might skip that part)

Progress :
(I still can't find the intro dialogue, anyone who know where it is please tell me so I can translate it)
1st Dungeon (tutorial)
1st Floor -35%

Also I might need more time even for smaller progress since I use most of time for my own health treatment ...

Attachments

Last edited: